Monday 30 October 2023

Sludge/Stoner Metallers ROSY FINCH Release A Cover Of Classic Song VENUS IN FURS By The Velvet Underground


One of Spain's Premier Sludge/Stoner Metallers Rosy Finch have recorded a heavy rock version of "Venus in furs" by experimental American rock band The Velvet Underground. It was recorded in 2020 during the studio session for Rosy Finch's album 'Scarlet'.

The magical violin passages were composed and performed by Alicia Nurho, who is a multi-instrumentalist who has collaborated with big artists such as Paradise Lost or Paula Matthews among others.


“This song has always provoked a dark feeling within me. After listening to it again in Rob. Zombie’s movie 'Lords of Salem' I knew I had to do something special with. Alicia's incredible talent was evident when I met her, for this reason, I asked her to record the violins. I had faith that we would understand each other perfectly. She experiences music in a deeply emotional and visceral way, just like me. I was certain that we would have an. amazing collaboration and make the song our own. Working with great women is always a magical experience.” Mireia Porto (singer, guitarist and Rosy Finch's lead).

 

A limited run of hand-printed t-shirts made by Subterranean Prints has been designed for this release. 

Starting from Halloween, you can purchase the t-shirt and digital download of the song through Bandcamp.

Photo by Von Klang

Links


Thanks to Anais at Rosy Finch Management for all of the details.