Wednesday 29 December 2021

Introduce Yourselves: BEDTIMEMAGIC

What is the name of your band?

BEDTIMEMAGIC. We're from Boston, MA.


•What is the genre of music that you play?


I call it "trash rock". Some people would say, "noise rock"...Morgan likes to say it's like if you took just the ending of a Who song, where they're smashing the guitars, and ditched the rest.



Can you give a brief history of the band of how it came together and where it is today?


In 2013 I was looking for a drummer to start a two or three piece band with myself (Nicholas) on bass. I had played guitar for most of my life and wanted to dork around on a Rickenbacker, a bass I'd coveted for a long time and finally saved up to buy. A few people auditioned based off of an ad that I put online asking for people interested in Man Is The Bastard, Black Flag, etc. Morgan was one of those people. I showed him a song I was workshopping and he played this great, lively, almost irregular beat."That's pretty good, man, but can you play it a bit more straight-forward?" I said to him. He shook his head and said, "No." That's when I knew we should work together.


What can people expect from your music?


It's very loud, very deafening, very gruesome. Our music is hanging on by its nails. I think it you like music you might like us.



What is the best release that folks should check out from your band?


Hard to say what a "best release" is...we have a sophomore full length coming out on Forbidden Place Records that people can hear on their Bandcamp (forbiddenplacerecords.bandcamp.com). It's called "Between The Sheets". Our first record, "Pillow Talk", had a similar production team and is a pretty good representation of a standard live set that we'd play around the time it was put together in like 2018-2019.


Where can people find you on Social Media?


Facebook: facebook.com/realbedtimemagic

Instagram: @bedtimemagic69

Bandcamp: bedtimeboston.bandcamp.com