Thursday 24 December 2020

Outlaws Of The Sun - Top 25 Records Of 2020

Here's my list of the best records of 2020. This was another great year for music despite the musical world being sidelined by the COVID-19 Pandemic. Gigs were cancelled around the world. Bands had to think of new inventive ways to release and record new music. 

I don't want to get drawn into the current bleakness of the world but celebrate these amazing albums that impressed myself over the last 12 months.

It was a tough year for myself personally which led me to take a 2 month hiatus earlier this year due to family and personal issues. Though the lure of the RIFF was too strong and called me back into action.

I want to thank you all for reading the blog on a daily basis and letting me air my views on releases within the world of Doom, Sludge and Stoner Metal.

I want to personally thank Frazer Jones at Desert Psychlist for his endless encouragement and support this year and in-depth chats on Facebook. Same goes to Matthew Thomas, Gizmo, Michael William Petry, Edd JR Saylor, Todd Stealey, Håkan Nyman, Marty Harvey, James Marshall, Bill Goodman, Bucky Brown and Neils CTR for their support as well. 

I have to thank the awesome PR Reps and Record Labels who let me review their promos in 2020.

Right. Oscar Speech Over. Time to get down to serious business of HEAVY RIFFS

Top 25 Records of 2020

1. Green Druid - At The Maw Of Ruin



 2. Lowrider - Refractions


3. PIGS PIGS PIGS PIGS PIGS PIGS PIGS - Viscerals


4. Elephant Tree - Habits



5. SLOATH - III



6. Valkyrie - Fear

 

7. The Brothers Keg - Folklore, Myths And Legends Of The Brothers Keg,



8. Forming The Void - Reverie



9. EMPRESS - Premonition



10. KIND - Mental Nudge



11. Geezer - Groovy



12. Vinnum Sabbathi - Of Dimensions And Theories



13. Cegvera - The Sixth Glare



14. Stone Machine Electric - The Inexplicable Vibrations Of Frequencies Within The Cosmic Netherworld



15. Creston Spiers - Brown Dwarf



16. Jahbulong - Eclectic Poison Tones



17. Somnus Throne - Somnus Throne



18. Black Rainbows - Cosmic Ritual Supertrip



19. King Chiefs - Flying Into Void



20. Superlord - VS. Gargantuan



21. Twin Wizard - Glacial Gods



22, Black Helium - The Wholly Other



23. OHHMS - Close



24. Volcanova - Radical Waves



25. River Cult - Chilling Effect