Saturday 20 April 2024

Introduce Yourselves: Bob Saliba

What is the name of your band?


Bob Saliba! I was searching for a solo band name for years, and every name on my shortlist was already taken by another band somewhere in the world (just have a look on the Encyclopaedia Metallum website). Friends then suggested I should use my own name.  Stan W. Decker, who is also French proposed a great logo, so I decided to use this option.


What is the genre of music that you play?


It evolves between Heavy, AOR, Prog & Power. You’ll also find some Greek, Celtic or oriental folk sounds in it. It is definitely melodic!


Can you give a brief history of the band of how it came together and where it is today?


At first there was talk of a studio project when John Macaluso (Ark, Malmsteen, Jennifer Batten, TNT...) invited me to sing 3 Ark tracks at a masterclass in Marseille. With all my other parallel groups, I wanted to do something different with a certain number of guests.


So I composed and wrote the songs and then joined John in Italy to record the drums. Finally, each guest sent me their recordings: Roland Grapow (Masterplan , Helloween), Ricky Marx (Now or Never, Pretty Maids), Alessandro Lotta (Rhapsody), Jo Amore (Nightmare, Joe Stump Tower of Babel and my bandmate in Kingcrown), Nicolas Leceux, Ludovic Favro, Roberto Billi and the 2 musicians from the 2 studios where I recorded, mixed and mastered the record: Tom Abrigan and Bruno Pradels.


And 2 years ago, as my project became better known in my area, a concert organiser asked me to be an opener for the band FM, so I put together a local live team made up of musicians who were very close to me: Eric Luvera (my bandmate in Debackliner) and Anthony Saliba (my own brother) on guitars, Seb Chabot on bass (my bandmate from Galderia) and our new drummer PG Silvy. We're doing 2 concerts over the next 2 months, the live team is super motivated and I'm busy putting the finishing touches to the 2nd studio album.



What can people expect from your music?


I expect people to experiment the kind of trip you know while watching a SF movie, that also helps to wonder about big questions as a Human Being: life, faith, ecology, relations and dreams…

What is the best release that folks should check out from your band?

Up to now we only released 1 album entitled Hosts of a Vanished World under my solo project Bob Saliba, available on our label FTF-Music. But I’m particularly prolific when it comes to composing, having just finished recording the 2nd album and finished composing for the 3rd.

Where can people find you on Social Media?


I honestly don’t really like it, fortunately my friends community managers and people of my label FTF-Music are doing a great job on Facebook, Instagram; YouTube and the TikTok things.


Thanks to Bad Dog Promotions for all of the info.